Дагестан — это не просто Страна гор. Прежде всего это страна многочисленных языков и народов, количество которых, несмотря на все усилия ученого мира, до сих пор не установлено достоверно. И у каждого народа свои прославленные аулы. Один аул известен гончарами, другой – знаменитыми мастерами резьбы по камню, третий – сапожниками, четвертый – кузнецами. В одном ауле – хорошие строители мостов и дорог, в другом – прославленные мастера холодного и огнестрельного оружия. Этот аул славен качеством своего зерна, тот – прекрасными яблоками, а другой – капустой и картошкой. В этом ауле ткут ковры, радующие глаз, в другом делают платки и меховые шапки. Одни аулы гордятся учеными, вторые – знатоками арабского языка, третьи – канатоходцами. И в каждом ауле есть свои талантливые музыканты, певцы, танцоры, потому что все народы Дагестана отличаются исключительной музыкальностью. Каждый аул – это маленький мир со своим прошлым, настоящим и будущим. Каждый аул – это уникальный уголок Дагестана, в то ...
The Armenian Community in Thessaloniki: Origin, Organisation and Ideological Evolution I. K. Hassiotis (extract from Queen of the Worthy, Thessaloniki, History and Culture, volume I, History and Society, edited by I. K. Hassiotis, Paratiritis, 1997, pp.296-305) Despite references to the presence of individual Armenians in Thessaloniki as early as the Byzantine period, the history of the Armenian community as much cannot be traced beyond the 18th century, and in fact, the existence of a stable core of Armenians permanently settled in the city is first documented in March 1881. Beginning then in 1881, the history of the community can be divided into three periods: the first ended in the early 1920s when, with the arrival of thousands of Armenian refugees from Eastern Thrace and in Asia Minor, a new phase began, marked by significant changes in its size and social character; the second period ended in 1946-47, when the majority of our Armenian compatriots left Greece to “return” to...
Dear editors of Asharq Alawsat and especially Mr. Shobokshi, I am, technically speaking, an Armenian. However when I am asked I usually say that I have Armenian blood and Palestinian-Syrian-Lebanese heart, so you decide for yourself... I could be called an Armeno-Arab hybrid. My father was born in Haifa, grew up in Jerusalem, lived in Damascus, moved to and died in Beirut where I was born and bred... I have a deep respect and love towards all Arabs not solely for the role they have played in saving the survivors of the Armenian Genocide and hosting them in their countries, but also for their own virtues and first of all for fear of God and the deep rooted sense of rightfulness and justice (haq wa adl)... However, taking into account those criteria, the article of Mr. Shobokshi does not say that he is an Arab at all! Ignoring the minor details, let me point out some of the major misrepresentations in the article: 1. Stating that the Armenians lost "large numbers of relatives...
Комментарии
Отправить комментарий